If you'd like to join, a printable application is available, or you can sign up online using .
TCTC is a club for anyone with an interest in running and fitness - not just elite runners. Our 600 members include runners and walkers of all abilities. Membership is inexpensive, only $20 per year for an individual.
We have group runs almost every day of the week. Our Monday night "fat-burners" help combat that weekend gluttony with eight to ten miles with 15-20 of your best friends at a social pace. Our Wednesday workouts include either hill workouts or track workouts. Saturday long runs are varying in distance. Many find them a great way to train for a marathon. Sunday morning "biscuit runs" are four to six miles and conclude with a trip to the K & W for a great breakfast. If you can't find a group that runs at your time or pace, let us know, we'll help you start one.
The Twin City Track Club has many social events each year. There are several hash runs to give you a chance to run and navigate at the same time. We have several breakfast runs at Salem Lake, a seven mile trail run around the lake at any pace followed by breakfast cooked up by some of the many fine cooks in the TCTC. We have an annual picnic in May and a Christmas party during the holidays with dancing and socializing. We also organize trips to major national and regional races.
Our monthly newsletter, the TCTC Flyer, is widely regarded as the best in the state, even one of the best in the country. Articles and interest stories are provided by the members. In addition there are results of club races, and a calendar of upcoming races and social events. All club members are encouraged to write for the Flyer.
The club sponsors great runs like the Frosty Fifty 50K, Beat the Heat 5K, the nationally known Ultimate Runner and the popular Salem Lake 30K and 7Mile trail runs.
For more information write us at Twin City Track Club, PO Box 692, Winston-Salem, NC 27102, or send us an Email.
20 Reasons to Join the Twin City Track Club
- Its a club for everyone - not just elite runners. It's a club for anyone with an interest in fitness.
- Currently the club counts about 600 runners among its esteemed membership!
- Winston-Salem's oldest running club. We were established in 1977 and became an incorporated nonprofit organization and member of the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) and United States Track and Field (USATF).
- TCTC Flyer - The club's monthly newsletter widely regarded as the best in the state, even one of the best in the country. Articles and interest stories provided by the members.
- The award winning WEB site your looking at! Recognized as one of the top sites for clubs our size by the Road Runner’s Clubs of America.
- Wednesday workouts starting at 5:45 p.m. at the YMCA. These workouts include either hill workouts or track workouts. Numbers usually around 25 runners of all abilities. Everyone is welcome regardless of ability.
- Monday night "fat-burners" to combat that weekend gluttony. Eight to ten miles with 15-20 of your best friends at a social pace. Begins at 5:30 p.m. at the YMCA.
- Saturday long runs of varying distance. Great way to train for a marathon!
- Sunday morning "biscuit runs" which conclude with a trip to the K & W for a great breakfast. This run is usually about 4-6 miles at any pace. Begins at 8:00 am at the YMCA.
- Salem Lake Breakfast Runs. Seven mile trail run around the lake at any pace and breakfast cooked up by one of many fine cooks in the TCTC.
- Any of the great runs sponsored by the Twin City Track Club:
Many club sponsored Hash Runs - The New Year's Day Hangover Hash, The Summer Hash and Splash, Thanksgiving Hash, St. Patrick's Day Hash, Halloween Hash and more.
- Semi-organized trips out of town to numerous runs. Examples include Twin Cities Marathon, Dublin Marathon, B.A.A. Boston Marathon, Peachtree Road Race, Cooper River Bridge Run, Marine Corps Marathon, Grandfather Mountain Marathon, Hogpen Hill climb, etc...
- TCTC Holiday Party - Live music and plenty of food and dancing for all.
- Club paraphernalia available for reasonable prices. We're not always in fashion - but we always look good.
- Low annual dues of only $20, $45 for three years. This is quickly recovered when you purchase at Omega Sports and receive your 10% TCTC discount when you tell them you're a member.
- Great place to meet people who love to walk, jog or run. The club is home to folks from all walks of life. Great camaraderie!
There's a monthly Board of Directors meeting. Everyone is welcome. Have a say in your club. For more information please write to the address below or send an email to our membership chair.
Twin City Track Club * PO Box 692 * Winston-Salem, NC 27102